Thursday 31 July 2014

MIX UP YOUR MAKEUP




Hi!

Today's post is a little bit different than a normal product review or demo. Today I'm starting a mini makeup series.


If you're anything like me and you can never find the right shade of lipstick, foundation, concealer, eye shadow or even the right finish i.e., matte, dewy glow, satin or EVEN if whatever makeup you use just doesn't stay on for as long as you want it to then this series is for you!


Each week I'll be posting different products that you can mix together to create a perfect finish and I promise it works as it's something I do everyday with my makeup... I never just use one product on my face, lips and eyes!


Today I'll start it off with foundation as this is the base for all of your makeup, so it makes sense to start here!


First of all, I never use just one foundation! I am never able to find a foundation that has everything I want so I have to somehow come up with the perfect concoction myself!


My favourite look is dewy/satin finish so I'll always buy a liquid foundation that has some sort of illuminising or radiant description on the bottle! However, I always find that this type of foundation doesn't have great staying power so I like to apply one foundation, let that set and then apply the second foundation. I'll be posting a tutorial soon of how I keep my makeup in place all day long by doing a little trick... but more on that in a future post (coming soon!) so keep a look out for that!


This first product is one of my favourite brands, Bourjois and is the Healthy Mix foundation. I've talked about this product in previous blog posts because I love it so much! It has the right amount of dewy-ness and the colours they make it in are great, however I usually have to build this product to get the right amount of coverage so I'll usually mix it with the B Radiating Illuminating foundation which I'll go on to talk about in a minute. As well as the B Radiating Illuminating  foundation, I also use the B Flawless Complete Coverage foundation which is amazing and you don't have to use a lot of another product to achieve the perfect finish!




The second product is the B Radiating Illuminating foundation. This along with the B Flawless Complete Coverage foundation (which I've nearly finished!) are such amazing products! As well as being animal cruelty free which is rare to find in drugstore products, the colours they do this product in are lovely and they actually live up to what they say they do on the bottle! If you're using the Radiant Illuminating one, definitely mix this with the Bourjois foundation for an extra bit of coverage but if you're using the Flawless Complete Coverage, you wont need to add a lot of another foundation, maybe just a hint of Bourjois or even a hint of the B Radiant Illuminating foundation for that extra bit of natural looking glow!






The third product is by Sonia Kashuk and is called Perfecting Luminous foundation and I purchase this when I go to America. I'm unsure whether they stock this brand here in the UK but if you can get your hands on it, I definitely recommend you do! This is purely an illuminating foundation and works as a top coat if you like. Unless you're happy with your skin and you only want a tiny bit of coverage and more of a natural glow, then you can use this on its own but if you're used to a fuller coverage look, definitely add this on top of your main foundation and you're away to go!






So there you go, my top 3 mixable drugstore foundations! You can mix all three if you like, just make sure you don't apply too much of each product! 





I hope you like the idea of this mini makeup series! Like I said earlier in the post, I'll be posting different products each week for face, lips and eyes so please keep checking!

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @ChloesConcept and my Bloglovin (button on the sidebar!) to keep up with my latest posts! I'd also love if you would check out this post which talks about my online campaign/platform I run on my blog for bullying, self-esteem, anxiety & more! I'd love for anyone to be involved so please don't hesitate to contact me if you're interested or would like more information!

Thank you for reading!


Chloe x







No comments:

Post a Comment