Sunday 1 June 2014

Introducing Chloe's Concept Campaign: the first installment.

Hi and welcome!!

My name is Chloe and I'm 21, studying Media and Communications in university in the UK. For a few years I have been reading blogs on topics such as makeup, hair, fashion, interior and lifestyle! I decided to set up this blog because just like a lot of people out there with blogs of their own, they have a passion for it and I enjoy trying new products and different styles!

In university, I study Media and Communications with a passion for the PR industry including Digital Media. I believe so strongly in the power it holds and I wanted to apply my knowledge of it and put it to good use. Something that has always been an important topic to me is bullying/self-esteem/low confidence. I feel that these are common issues that are not dealt with correctly and efficiently. I want to utilise this blog not only for beauty and fashion reviews, tips and tricks I've learnt along the years, but for a place people can come and feel at home and safe.

When I started secondary school at age 11, I cannot tell you how much I hated it... it was extreme! After crying every single day before school, in school and when I came home from school it took a tole on my health. I was diagnosed with a life long condition called Diabetes type 1 in February 2005, only a few months after I started that school. Now while there is no scientific link between these, I believe that the stress and depression I went through was a contributing factor to my pancreas shutting down. I also, like so many others, had many ups and downs with friends throughout my years at my secondary school and couldn't wait to leave. I literally would count down the days until I could leave at age 16. I know it is easy for for people to say “it'll be ok” and you think “no it won't” but coming from someone who has been through what you are going through, I can promise you, it does get better and I am genuinely NOT saying that just to please you and build your hopes up, I swear it honestly gets better. So much so, when I turned 16, I didn't want to leave school, so I stayed on for sixth form AND stayed on an extra year before I went to university. I think what done it for me was finding something I was interested in, like really interested in and just concerned myself with that and made my own little bubble. For me, I loved reading blogs, watching tutorials and vlogs. I would literally sit and watch them from tea time until I went to bed (even when I had homework to do!)

I was never the brightest student in school and I think that's because I didn't thoroughly enjoy what I was learning so when I started thinking about university, I couldn't make my mind up on what I wanted to do because I felt I needed to choose a subject that was going to motivate me! I decided I had a passion for media – I loved the idea of how films were made, the camera work etc so I decided that was what I was going to do in university. I applied for university and worked really, really hard and somehow managed to get the grades required. This was I think my turning point where I realised I had found that subject that excited me and motivated me. I've just finished my second year and I'm really proud of myself for getting grades I never imagined I could get. I've filmed and edited films for my course, created campaigns and gave presentations to a huge class full of people, something I still can't believe I did as I can't explain how much I hate standing in front of a huge audience and talking myself! I think I have found my passion in Public Relations which involves creating and implementing campaigns. I really, really love this and I love studying it in university! As I have previously said, I want to use my knowledge from this to apply it to launching my own campaign on targeting bullying, self-esteem and body confidence issues and motivate and inspire people, whoever you are, whatever you are going through, to come out stronger and happier in the end. I can't express more to you how important this is to me and how much I am committed to providing support, guidance, advice or motivation for anyone who needs that little boost or even for those who just want to talk.

I want this blog to be somewhere people come straight to when they start to feel down or alone, even if you just want to have a look at the other sections of my blog to get your mind off of things, that's fine too. I feel that there is so much pressure to fit in, be perfect, look a certain way and be a certain size that it is just clouding people's minds to the extent where obviously they are going to feel inferior and that puts even MORE pressure on people! It is a vicious circle and nothing is being done about it. I understand it isn't as easy as saying all of this and solving everyone's problems but even if this blog helps one person, I'll be happy!

I want this little space of the internet to be a tool individuals can use to come and get advice, share their problems (remember, a problem shared is a problem halved!), build their confidence, increase motivation and get inspired, although, this blog is obviously here for reliable reviews, tips, tricks and general little reads if you feel like that instead!

The internet can be a wonderful tool if used correctly, and that's what my plans are for this blog and hopefully together, we can remove these issues from today's society and come out stronger in the end!

One message: Take back what's yours. If you have gone through or are going through any negativity due to bullying, cyber bullying, self-esteem, low confidence or body confidence issues, it is your time now to take back what belongs to you and be the person you want to be!


Please do not hesitate to contact me for any issue you have, big or tiny, there is never an issue too small to talk about!


Twitter: @ChloesConcept

Chloe x






Katie from Funsize Beauty:

Hey lovely people! I'm Katie, from the blog Funsize Beauty! I live in the Welsh Valleys, with my loving family. I am surrounded by caring friends, but there's always something thy has to knock you down. Briefly on my blog I addressed certain issues, bullying being one of them. I have been a victim of bullying on many occasions unfortunately. You name it and I've been bullied about it. I won't go into detail as it something I'm not entirely comfortable talking about, but back last year I had a really bad panic and became really depressed over it. I'm going to put this out there now and say in no way did the form of depression that I went through, and occasionally still go through from time to time, result in self-mutilation. I get the occasional panic attack, I feel isolated from the rest of the world, and I cry a lot, but that doesn't mean to say I won't get out of this mess, and the same goes for you. The point is I am hear to talk to you about bullying, isolation, self-confidence etc, and more importantly to listen to you and your problems. I know being bullied is a hard thing to cope with, but it does go away at some point. I promise! What ever the bullies do to says more about them than it does about you!

Although I wish I had never been bullied in the first place, I would never go back and change it because it's made me the person I am today. You can turn being a victim of bullying into something positive (as crazy as it sounds). I think that this generation could be the most understanding one yet! The amount of children bullied today compared to decades ago has escalated, but why? The internet! Myself and a few others are using our power over the internet to fight against bullying, and help you. If what I have to say will help at least one of you, then I've done my job.

I love YOU lots like Jelly Tots,
With Love,
Katie xxx

Need to vent to someone? E-mail me, I'm hear to talk:


Blog:






Allie from Tie-Dye-Eyes:

I'm Allie, a 19 year old fashion promotion student and fashion blogger, studying at MMU but living in Liverpool. These issues are really important to me as, although I share pictures of myself in outfits everyday on the internet, I suffer from terribly low self-esteem. I've always felt this way for as long as I can remember, particularly about certain features and my freckly skin. Over the past year or so, this has gotten worse and my anxiety levels have gone through the roof, but I've found that talking to others in the same situation really does help. It means you're not alone and there's always someone who'll listen. That's what we're here to do.

Twitter: @allie_davies

Blog: http://tie-dye-eyes.blogspot.co.uk/






Sophie from Pretty and Polished:

Hi, I'm Sophie! I'm a 20 year old blogger from High Wycombe, living in [sunny] Brighton. I have suffered from trichotillomania (TTM) since I was 3 years old. It's an impulsive hair-pulling disorder which not only brings physical disfigurement, but mental and emotional harm. I pull my eyelashes and eyebrows out, and have suffered depression, anxiety and other psychological side effects since doing so. Going to an all-girls secondary school, I knew I would be judged on my appearance rather than my worth as an articulate, intelligent human being. That's just the way teenage life goes! I discovered make-up in early teenage life as a form of hiding my disorder, but I knew that it wasn't enough; people could see beyond that. I was constantly asked questions about my eyelashes and brows, to which I responded with lies and denial, too scared and ashamed to admit I had a disorder over which I had no control. I felt abnormal, subhuman, different, but in a bad way. My self-esteem plummeted as I absorbed their negativity and ignorance of the illness; I was the shy weirdo with no lashes. I used university as a clean break, a chance to be honest with my peers, to accept that the disorder was part of what made me, me. Acceptance of yourself, your disorders, flaws and imperfections, although it may take a while to get there, is so liberating. It's the first positive step you can make in getting better. Once I was honest, my new uni friends were incredibly understanding. They accepted me, and I accepted myself. Who you surround yourself with makes a big difference; your friends and family will be there to turn to and to lend their support. You are never alone; there are even people in the same position of you online, so reach out! This project will be a place for you to do that; to find others in the same boat, to get advice, to talk to someone, to feel safe. We understand you!
Find out more about the illness at www.prettyandpolished.co.uk

I also tweet a lot of advice and information about it from @Pretty_Polishd


I post pictures of make-up for covering up TTM and what TTM really looks like on Instagram. Find me at www.instagram.com/prettyandpolishedblog


Sarah from Sarahsmilessxxx:

I’m Sarah and I blog and vlog over at Sarah Smiles. I am 20 years old, I go to university in Aberystwyth to study Psychology and I hope to go into PR after graduation.


Myself, like a lot of people, suffered from bullying during my school life. We were a group of three friends and slowly I got pushed out and made to feel like the third wheel. Mine happened between the ages of around 11-13 and I’m going to be honest, I literally hated life during that time. I would make up excuses as to why I didn’t want to go to school. I would feel like being bullied was my own fault. I would try more to get my bullies to like me and I would spend more time trying to fit in. I would get pushed out more and would get more and more upset.

However, I surrounded myself with new people, made new friends and let the bullies know that they couldn’t hurt me. I had a support network of people that meant I didn’t need horrible people like that in my life. The funny thing is the people who bullied me, actually wanted to become friends with me in later years.

I feel like the social media platform should be used as a giant exposure and support network. Most people will go through bullying and knowing you’re not alone is a huge support. Having someone to talk to and relate to can be vital in stories of bullying.

I don’t want to sound patronising, but believe me when I say things do get better. Although it might not seem like it at the time, just know that there are always people to talk to, to help you and to support you through your toughest times, and I promise you will come out the other side.

Keep smiling, lots of love, Sarah xxx
Blog / Twitter / Youtube 

Twitter: @sarahsmilesxxx





Eesha from Eesha's Glam:

Bullying is something which can effect everyone at any age. Bullying is something which can ruin someone's life. I have been very lucky and have not come across any sort of bullying as of yet and fingers crossed it stays that way as I have seen what bullying can cause some people to do. It does not only effect you mentally, it can effect you physically as well as emotionally. Bullying has become a big abuse, it comes in many shapes and forms. From being pushed around, being called names, teased, or something your just not comfortable with..etc It can effect a persons self esteem, self confidence and even to the extreme of their meaning of life. I feel like media should play a bigger role to support bullying campaigns so they can grab a wider range of audience. In my Sixth Form, there was no general debate or discussion about bullying which is a shame really as students are at a higher risk of being victims of bullying. We only studied the subjects which we choose to study, however I think in tutor/form times, the topic bullying should be put forward more often so students know there are people who are out there to help! If you are a victim of bullying whether it is cyber bullying, physical abuse... Then speak to someone. No one will laugh or say it's your fault as it is not. It is important to make sure if you are a victim never to blame yourself. Just talk to someone! I wish I could go and scream it out - TALK TO SOMEONE! That's the only way to resolve it, don't keep it inside as a secret as that will do you no good. Talk to your parents, teachers, family members, friends or anyone you feel comfortable to talk to. The old motto was 'sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me', however I find words are the most hurtful. They say niceness is priceless so why can't we all be nice? We should all take a stand and 'lend a hand' as we need each other's support to become stronger and to fight off the bullies. Just remember it won't make you 'big' just by making someone feel 'small'. We can all beat bullying! If you are a victim or even an offender and would like to talk to me about this topic then please do not hesitate to email me at eeshablog@gmail.com. I will be more than happy to help. 

Eesha 

Twitter:@eeshasglam





Emma from Dino's Beauty Diary:

Hey everyone!


So here's a little bit about me: I'm 21, soon to be 22, just graduated with a Law degree and now putting all my effort into my blog, which at the moment is probably one of the most important things to me. Looking back, when I was in school I never thought I would be who I am today, or where I am. In school, I was one of those shy girls, surviving through school on the outlines and struggling with bullying because of who I was. As a result of the bullying, I withdrew into myself, changing and acting like someone different in order to try and fit in. School was a living nightmare for me, and as a result of being bullied for so long, I withdrew into myself, struggling with no confidence and the way I looked, just because I wasn't like the other girls at my school. I know how much of a struggle school is, how the bullying can feel endless and like you have hope. I just hope people out there struggling with the same problems will realise it won't always be that way, and if it gets too much, always confide in someone. One day you will have the upper hand and you will be confident in yourself. Like me, you should realise that it doesn't matter what other people think; as long as you're happy, who cares? Nothing else matters :)

Emma xoxo



Rebecca from Rebecca Alicee:

Bulling is probably, one of the worst things anyone could experience. I was bullied for as long as I can remember – too tall, too fat, geeky, nerd. It broke me, took away my self-esteem and made it impossible for me to trust people. There were times when I didn’t want to go out of the house and for a girl training to be an actress, confidence is a must! But, looking back on it, I realised that those bullies were probably just as insecure as me and although I’m not condoning what they did, they more than likely came from or experienced circumstances that weren’t very nice. My Mum always told me that people were jealous and that’s why they picked on me – because I could do something they couldn’t or because I looked the way they wanted to look. As hard as bullying is and no matter how sad or hurt you feel, you must remember that you are better than what they say you are. No matter what they call you or what they say about you, it won’t be true. You’re worth more than that. You’re beautiful.

Rebecca

Twitter: @rebeccaalice_bl






THANK YOU



I hope you have enjoyed this post and that it has been somewhat helpful! Please watch this space because this isn't a one off post, it is something that will feature on my blog permanently. If you know anyone this could help, please send them the link!

Thank you to every blogger who took part in the launch of this campaign. I hope everyone's wise, truthful words inspire anyone out there going through negative times.


If you would like to take part in future posts, send me over an email at chloesconcept@gmail.com, I would love to hear from you!!


Please spread the word over social media sites and lets help change people's lives for the better!


Thank you so much for reading and come back soon!!


Chloe xx


@ChloesConcept

No comments:

Post a Comment